Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Peke and Me


Allow me to introduce The Man of the House.
I'll marry the first man who looks at me the way this little guy does. You can almost literally see hearts in his eyes.
The little guy is usually where I am in the house. If I'm doing dishes, he's napping underneath the table.
If I'm tidying the living room, he's either in his crate or lounging on the sofa or love seat.
If I'm taking a bath, he's stretched out on a towel in "his shelf" of the towel pantry or, as you can see above, either on or in the bathroom hamper.
Accessibility made it easy to find him the other day, when I finished "Marley and Me." John Grogan's tale of "the worst dog in the world" will make you laugh, appreciate your good dog, and sob uncontrollably.
I really feel that I got to know Marley in the 300-plus pages in which Grogan tells about the start of a family with an anvil-headed yellow pooch in their midst. And, days later, I find myself mourning the loss of the Grogans' family beloved Lab.
It's a must-read, especially if you're a dog lover. Just be sure your pup's nearby for a hug as you read the last pages. You're going to need it.

No comments: