Monday, April 16, 2007

What's worse?

cup of joe powell/ is quickly becoming one of my favorite bloggers.

Today, he has a link to Media Matters.0 In light of the Don Imus situation, they've taken on other talk jocks -- Neil Boortz and Michael Savage among them.

Both of these talk jocks have prominent places on the local NewsTalk lineup. Boortz was on my list the first day I heard him, when he referenced "the Japs." And Savage is offensive every time he opens his mouth.

Media Matters includes e-mail addresses for the talk jocks. I suggest a third: e-mail our own local station and ask that they be taken off the airwaves. Here you go: wnox.news@citcomm.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Go Ahead BAN freedom of speech! It is well on it's way when you take such talk show hosts off the air. We all have a right to speak our minds and not be muzzled. Shows like SAVAGE NATION give vent to how most Americans feel and he is just the one expressing it. Take our front lines away and you SHUT US ALL UP and our rights go down the drain. As for IMUS I do not like him at all but I think he should not have been taken off the air and forced into SHUTTING UP because someone gets offended.