Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Getting old sucks

Three weeks ago: While detailing my car, I threw out my back. It was impossible to find a comfortable sitting position. After weeks of drugs, it's finally better. Mostly.

Monday: To keep from getting a citation for an unkempt lawn, I decided after work to toil on cutting the grass. I hauled out the mower from the storage building, started to gas it up, and a bumblebee, or something that looked like one, decided my task pissed him off. Bad. He came attacking -- a sting to the right hand, another to the right elbow and a third to the left thigh. The result? A swollen, FAT hand that I had to keep on ice for 24 hours. Damned bee. I hope he's dead.

Tuesday: I was strolling through a bookstore with The Girl and a friend, when my leg started hurting. Sharp pain. Nothing unusual; I have a bum knee, and it often throbs with pain. Only, about 10 minutes into the pain, I realized it's not my knee! It's my shin, and it hurts like a mofo. (Am I the only one who freaks out and thinks "blood clot" when I get weird pains? I think that's my biggest fear of dying.)

Today: It. Still. Hurts. And my hand, while slimming, is still fat.

No comments: