Monday, May 7, 2007

Am I the only one?

Am I the only one in the free world who has NO interest in seeing Spider-Man 3?

It just holds no allure for me. Maybe if they had cast Mark Ruffalo as Spidey ...

Nah. I doubt that would even draw me.

It's not Tobey McGuire. (OK, it is partly Kirsten Dunst.) I'm just not into the superheroes movies. I've never seen any of the Batman movies.

(My brother, then about 7, confided once while watching reruns of the old "Batman" series that the real Batman is Michael Keaton. I beg to differ. Michael Keaton is Mr. Mom. The real Batman is, and always will be, Adam West. What's sad is even Adam West thinks he's the real Batman. But I digress.)

Many, many years ago a girlfriend and I, miffed at our boyfriends, went to see Superman 2. I have to say it was pretty good -- but only because every time Christopher Reeve kicked somebody's ass, we cheered in victory because we had named the villains for our boyfriends.

Maybe I should give Spidey a chance ... the ex and his mother would make good villains.

Go, Spidey, go! Open that can of whoop-ass!

No comments: