Friday, May 11, 2007

A man with a plan

I'm not shy about my support for John Edwards. I personally think electing him POTUS would be the best thing for this country since ... well, I don't know.

I'll vote for Hillary or Barack if it comes down to it, but they make me uneasy. I loved Hillary's husband, despite his foibles.

(Seriously, Bill, I'm OK with gratification between two consenting adults, but the "definition of what 'is' is was even too much for me.)

Hillary makes me uneasy, though. I don't think she is really in touch with America.

Barack is another story. I think he's in touch, but he's green. Give him a bit of experience, and I'll storm to the polls to elect him POTUS.

My problem with both of them is they're all talk and no action. Yeah, it was funny when Barack asked, "Is that Hillary?" while on stage with Al Sharpton. (Insert HUGE eyeroll here.) But what's he going to do about health care? What's the plan for education?

My man John has a plan. It's going to cost us, but anything worth having is going to cost us.

Isn't it better to pay in tax dollars than with lives, as our present administration has forced upon us? I have next to nothing, but I'll empty my wallet if it means keeping my brother, my daughter and our young Americans happy, healthy and productive -- and off the battlefields.

John may pay $400 for a haircut, but he hasn't forgotten where he came from -- and that there are still many out there struggling.

Give him a look, then give him a shot at the White House.

No comments: